With the EHEIM pHcontrol+e you can easily monitor and optimize the pH in your aquarium via a smartphone, tablet, or PC/MAC simply via a WiFi connection and your web browser.
How it works:
• A magnetic (solenoid) valve is fitted into your CO₂ supply line (after the pressure reducer).
• The pH sensor measures the current pH value of the water, and the pHcontrol+e automatically provides the necessary CO2 supply.
• By controlling the magnetic valve, it adds as much CO2 as required until the desired pH value is reached.
• (Magnetic valve and pH sensor sold separately).
Eheim pHcontrol+e has a day/night control and can be linked to the lighting control EHEIM LEDcontrol+e (see the EHEIM DIGITAL family).
Aquarium water usually contains too little carbon dioxide (CO2) as it has already been extracted from the tap water at the waterworks.
In addition to light, nitrogen, phosphate, and trace elements, etc., the most important nutrient for aquarium plants is CO2 and, the stronger and healthier the plants, the less chance algae has to grow.
Plants also produce more of the oxygen that fish need to breathe, and CO2 also regulates the pH values in the water, when dosed correctly.
When using one of these systems, especially with correctly dosed plant food, you will see a marked improvement in plant growth and health. Some plants with low or slow nutrient uptake, may only need a CO2 kit and regular partial water changes to help them flourish.
Thus, the EHEIM pHcontrol+e indirectly provides oxygen and the optimal pH value for your fish by adding CO2. This is usually between pH 6 and pH 8; pH 7 is considered a neutral value for reference.
The basis for measuring and stabilising the pH value is the carbonate hardness (“KH”) of the water. Therefore, the EHEIM pHcontrol+e (in Smart mode) initially queries the KH value, because KH, CO2 and pH value influence each other.
Features of the EHEIM pHcontrol+e
• A smart controller for monitoring and controlling the pH value in the aquarium by regulating the addition of CO2.
• Includes Wireless WiFi connection with a WLAN-enabled end device (smartphone, tablet, PC/MAC).
• Has connection and compatibility with devices of the EHEIM DIGITAL family.
• Measures the pH value through the pH sensor (measuring range: pH 0 to pH 14).
• Control range of the controller pH 6 to pH 9.
• Needs to be coupled via pressure reducer with CO2 bottle.
• Electronically controls addition of CO2 through interposed magnetic valve (not included).
• Adjusts CO2 addition by linking with LEDcontrol+e (day/night control) in smart mode or simple and extended bio mode with own day/night control.
• Queries the KH value (carbonate hardness) in advance.
• Sets water test and calibration reminders.
• Guided calibrations of the pH sensor.
• Sends warning for deviation of pH value (up/down).
• Notes if EHEIM pH sensor needs to be replaced (not included).
• Provides best performance, high power, stable connection, and large memory capacity through new improved chip generation.
• Power consumption 5w.
• Highest safety and reliability – 3 years warranty.