• The effects of the lotus pods in the aquarium can be compared to the effects of catappa products.
• The Lotus pods are full of tannins that have many positive effects and lower the pH of the water in a natural way.
• These substances also have an antibacterial and stress-reducing effect.
• The Lotus pods give the water a brown colour and are therefore also suitable for creating a blackwater biotope.
• The Lotus pods are a natural product. They have several small holes / burrows where shrimp can hide and find food. It is part of the seed head of the Lotus plant (Nelumbo nucifera).
• These unique, light-as-a-feather botanicals have an average diameter of 3.5-4 inches (approximately 8.89-10.16 cm) and are a really cool piece of decor for a Southeast Asian or Indian themed aquarium!
• As this is a natural product, they can vary in shape, colour, size and texture. Each pod is unique ! The image serves as a reasonable representation of what to expect.
• This gives the aquarium a natural look and simulates the natural environment of shrimp and fish.
• These seed pods are the by-product of human food production in India (almost every part of this plant is considered edible!). They are simply collected, cleaned, air dried and are free of chemicals or preservatives.
• We recommend boiling the Lotus pods for 40 minutes before use.
• While cooking, place a stone or other heavy object on the pods.
• Finally, let them soak in water overnight, again under a heavy object. This is to minimize the buoyancy of the pods.
• It takes some work, but your aquarium is guaranteed to have a beautiful, natural decoration afterwards.
• Use 1x pod per 20-40L, replace when dissolved/decayed or eaten.